Friday, March 11, 2016

A place called home

Hej lovely people,

since it's safe that me and the boy will move in our first own appartment in summer, my mind is spinning how to decorate the rooms. I love bohemian interior with many plants, vintage finds, wooden furniture, colourful carpets, silver trays, candles, and treasures you bring home from travelling. A new own home is a challenge, but at least it has to feel like a home. 

Here is a small selection of my dream rooms, all images are taken from my pinterest.

The kitchen:
For me the kitchen must be a room with much daylight, space to work and to cook... I am definately in need of a beautiful tea shelf like shown in the right photo. It will be a home for all of my ceramics, bowls and mugs, teas and boxes.
I want a place where I can show some of my lovely teapots. And of course the window will be full of plants, my avocado trees will grow on the windowshelf. I also want an indian hanging for the window, colourful and spreading happy vibes.

The bathroom:
Bathrooms that are already fully included in the appartment, won't be your liking in most case. But then you have to make the best out of it. This goes best with decorations. New mirrors, plants, little shelfs where you can place some treasures and cute bottles, findings from the sea, candles and a colourful carpet/bathmat will give the special thing to an "ugly" bathroom.

Also some curtians maybe and baskets will make the bath a happier place.

Mosaic, turquoise, mint and light blue are my favourites for this room. Also a vintage wallpaper (left photo) looks super cool.

The work room:

A room where is place for brushes, colours, papers, letters, pens, cameras, photos, guitars and other things we're working on. Walls can be plastered with ideas, art and photos.
 

What I really want for our work room is a world map. With pins I wanna mark the places we already have traveled to.
 I want a working place with a direct view out of the window. Daylight is the best light you can have, I think.


The bedroom:

The room to calm down and to feel cosy and comfy. I want no electronic equipment in the bedroom, so the sleep won't be disturbed by negative influences.






 Big quilts with beautiful indian patterns, colourful cushions and blankets are a must-have, also a soft calming light and treasures on the wall.


I hope there will be a tiny space left for a beauty table where I can put my jewelries, perfumes and cosmetics on...
 Who does not dream of a space like this, girls?

The living room:


My dream living room has a pretty couch with wooden feet, many kelim pillows, a cool colourful carpet, is full of plants and decoration and books.



Lately I fell in love with rattan tables like this one...♥


Can't wait to decorate our happy place under the roof!

Love to you all !♥



3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these! I have some of them on my Pinterest boards, too. Best of luck as you get ready to decorate your apartment! Such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your decorating ideas are exactly the same as what I would like! Perfect! I guess I'm part of the way there already, but not with the bathroom and kitchen. Currently no windows, and permanent fixtures that I cannot change. This spring season has me dreaming of the day when I can afford a home with lots of windows and even a garden!

    -MonaM

    ReplyDelete