Sunday, December 27, 2015

Recipe: Making Chai Syrup

Like last year, I want to share my Chai Syrup recipe for cold winter days with you. I hope you all had lovely christmas celebrations!

You need for 250 ml:

10 g ginger
 6 capsules of cardamom
 1 teaspoon of black pepper
 1 vanilla bean
 3 cinnamon sticks
 4 cloves
250 g sugar
3 bags of black tea



1.
  Shell the ginger and cut it in thin pieces.
  Cut the vanilla bean lengthwise & scrape out the core.

  Crush the cardamom and pepper in a mortar so that the  capsules open up.
 


2. 
 ➳ Put the cardamom, pepper, cinnamon sticks and cloves in a pot.
 Roast them with stirring until they start to scent.


3.  
     ➳ Add 500 ml water.
    Add ginger, sugar, vanilla core and bean in the pot.
    Boil it up.
    Add the teabags and let all simmer for 10 minutes.
    Remove the teabags after 5 minutes.
    Let everything brew for 30 minutes.




4. 
      ➳ Pass the liquid through a fine sieve, then allow the liquid (in the pot again) to reduce to
         almost a concentrate of 250 ml.

     Fill it hot in a clean bottle and allow it to cool down.




I've made a bunch of this yummy liquid for me and my friends ♥

All photos by me

You can drink it in tea, cacao or coffee or use it for desserts or your breakfast porridge!

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment