Sunday, December 06, 2015

It's THE time of the year


|| Ohh finally it's december, can't believe it! Where the hell has the year gone? Christmas markets opened their doors a week ago, the streets in the cities are full of people rushing from one shop to another to buy christmas gifts. I think I will take things slow and relaxed, I don't want christmas stress to get too close to me. That's not the thought of this feast.
Since I love handmade gifts, I plan to make some on my own ( : Surprising lovely people is the best way to make yourself happy too! ♡♡
  
Today is St. Nicholas Day, and here in Germany we make each other little gifts. I found christmas tea and cacao & mint & cocos and cacao & sesame bliss balls in my shoes ( : Everything is super delish.



Last week I went to the first christmas market of the year, it's a really tiny one and it only takes place for one day in our neighbor village. The things you can buy there are all handmade and homegrown/local, for me it's good to support small companies. Here's what I found: Two wintery ceramic plates and hangers, selfmade cookies, homegrown tea with melissa, mint, rose, marigold and St. John's wort and two jams, rose and hawkbit. ❁


Here's a belated photo of my birthday gift from my swedish friend Sina! She made me these wonderful latvian mittens! They will keep my hands warm during the cold season. She also gave me a handdrawn illustration!


I am already preparing my christmas mail, gosh I found the cutest postcards yesterday
Can't wait to send them out! Even if I am not showing photos of mail here anymore, I am a passionate letter writer still. And for me - christmas mail is the best mail of the year ( :

All photos by me


No comments:

Post a Comment