Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Darling of the Month - Step into Anastasia's world full of flowers and dreams



Finally it's April and here's a new talented young lady I want to present you. I found Anastasia through Instagram and her art really cought my eye. Her works look like directly taken from a dream - soft and gentle. I really love the way she includes flowers and leaves in and around her drawings.


Hello Darling, tell us a bit about who you are!
So, who am I? My name is Anastasia, I'm 18 years old and I'm from Ukraine.

I'm afraid and I don't want to say that I'm an artist, I'm just an observer of beauty. I really want to look at everything that has a soul and beauty and I want to share it with people. I want to show how I see it. And even if it doesn't work I still try to do it every day.


I like rain and fried macaroni, I have a favorite toy panda, his name is Pampidoo. I like to read, watch TV series and drink warm tea. Well, I am an usual person as you can see. After I understood that I can collect a herbarium all year long, I started to like all seasons. Even in winter you can find wonderful branches or leaves under the snow. I love the night, that's why I often draw it. It has a secret, mystery, you can hide in it. That is all what I love.



Your works always look very nature themed. Are you a nature child?
I think yes, but it happended recently. For one year I do something every day, like drawing, collecting something that has life. And my hands just started to draw the nature, leaves, flowers. I always saw the beauty of nature, but only now I want to take peace of it with myself. I guess something changed in me and I didn't even noticed.


When do you find yourself drawing?
I didn't want to associate my life with drawing. Sometimes I did cards for my friends, but I never thought about something more. And when I finished my school I had to choose the college. And as I don't have a lot of skills in different subjects, I decided to try to enter to the College of Art. And it worked. As a result I have been devoting oneself to creation for 2,5 years. Yes, it is suddenly and strangely. Life is so unpredictable.

What do you love drawing the most?

Girls, dreams, the night sky, kindness, hands (they are beautiful, especially hands of artists and musicians. I like to watch at someone's hands when he or she is doing something). I don't prefer something special, there are so many beautiful things in the world.


Do you listen to music while you're drawing? If so, which one?
My life is similar to a film with music, maybe compareable with a musical. Sometimes I can forget about music when I am drawing, and sometimes I can be inspired by it. But I always listen to music, IAMX for example.


Who or what inspires your artworks?
I can be inspired by different unexpeted things. I can walk along the street in the late evening under the starry sky, and all this thoughts around me, about what I would like to do with it, to swim in the sky, to walk, to fly above it. 
Or photos on the internet, a girl on the street, eyes, gestures, hand movements and then my head starts to create the image of the entirety. I can be inspired by words, phrases. Inspiration is in the simplest things. You just need to take a closer look. Our fantasy is unlimited.



Who is your favourite artist?

Vincent van Gogh. And it's a true love. I like him as an artist and as a person. I have already read his letters to his brother a few times and it feels like he is alive, his letters have a boundless soul.




Do you have any future projects in mind?

 I have a lot of ideas, I just need to develop. Something I just can't draw, but I'm on the way to do it. I have ideas about fairy tales, stories, but to be honest, I am clumsy in writing texts. Anyway I'm still trying and illustrating them. It's a experience full of pleasure. I like to write and draw letters. I have done a few recently for some people. I like to share the kindness.


Do you have a shop where you sell your creations or are you taking on customer orders?
No, I don't have anything like that. Some people ordered my pictures for a few times. I just redrew them and that's it. I think my works are not ready for such deals.







Wanna see more of Anastasia's art? Check out her Instagram!

Please note that all photos are property of Anastasia! Please do not use without permission!!



Also want to become a "Darling of the Month?
Send me an E-Mail at: talesofaflowerchild@gmx.de or just read here first!



No comments:

Post a Comment